Slack is considered to be ‘Team communication for the 21st century’. THAT ‘team’ may be at work, at school or it may be just friends or family.
Slack is a messaging system which has some similarities to Facebook Messenger or Google+ but it is much more useful.
Add in ScreenHero and you have one incredible tool providing voice, video and screen sharing features!
Here is a brief video that will give you an overview –
Some key features:
- You can organize your team’s conversations in channels – one for a project, one about a topic, or anything. Everyone will be able to see what’s going on.”
- You can create ‘private channels’ and invite only a few team members. Everything on the channel will be kept private among that team and in that channel.
- You can ‘direct message’ a team member directly privately and securely.”
- You can use your browser, use an App on a PC or Mac desktop, or use a mobile app.
- You can easily upload files to Slack to securely share them with a colleague, a channel, or a group.
- You can set a ‘Do Not Disturb‘
Mentioned earlier, ScreenHero adds a really cool feature! You and another person can share computer screens – I can show you mine and you can show me yours. This is a great tool that can be used for effective ‘Desk Help’, troubleshooting, or for teaching computer skills to another or to each other.
“Slack is a team communication tool that’s not just powerful and easy to use, it’s actually fun.”
Learn more about ‘Slack’ and become a ‘Slack’er!